If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (360) 873-8744

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Who Can I Call for Fire Damage Restoration After a Small Grease Fire in Mount Vernon?

10/22/2021 (Permalink)

SERVPRO fire sign Fire and smoke damage restoration services by SERVPRO are second to none. Call now for fast and immediate service for your home.

SERVPRO Provides House Fire Clean-Up in Mount Vernon

The number one cause of a structural blaze is a mishap in the kitchen where a fire ignites. More specifically, unattended cooking is the number one cause of a kitchen fire starting. Most people have been in a situation where they begin heating grease for cooking, and then something distracts them, so they leave the kitchen. Once the oil gets too hot, the flames can ignite, and you could find a fire upon returning to your kitchen.

During fire damage restoration jobs in Mount Vernon, grease fires can create different conditions than other types of blazes. Even if the fire didn't spread past the pan you were cooking and didn't burn any of your contents or building materials, there could still be damage present. The smoke produced by grease fires could leave a greasy residue that is hard to remove on your walls and ceilings. Smoke also can penetrate deeply into porous materials and cause foul aromas to be present.

Therefore, even if the fire you had was small, it is still a good idea to ask for help from a professional restoration company like SERVPRO. We are available 24 hours a day and seven days a week, and we can help you with the following services:

Depending on what surface got affected, removing greasy residues can be very difficult. We can use various methods and chemical products to figure out the best way to clean an affected surface. We can also utilize deodorization procedures such as thermal fogging or ozone generation to remove or neutralize malodor particles.

If you ever accidentally start a small grease fire in your kitchen, call SERVPRO of Skagit County at (360) 873-8744.

Other News

View Recent Posts